2017 Kia Soul (aka The Hamster Car) surprises us with so many welcomed updates this year. It's still a wonderful vehicle with just enough space to do better job than your average small to mid-size sedan in the city. It's very versatile. If you want you can load it up with your gardening stuff or materials for your weekend project from Home Depot, or you can take your significant other on an elegant date in the luxury and comfort of the 2017 Kia Soul.
Under the hood there are some changes, now Exclaim trim level with a 201-horsepower, 1.6-liter turbo engine , fuel economy is 28 miles-per-gallon, city and highway combined1—slightly better than the combined mileage of the 2.0-liter normally-aspirated 161-hp engine in the Soul Plus and in the Soul Base 1.6-liter, which produces 130 horsepower. Fans of the Soul had long lobbied for a little more zip in their favorite ride.
Performance in the turbocharged Exclaim is further enhanced by the addition of a new 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which, via quicker and smoother shift points and no shift shock, makes for more dynamic acceleration and contributes to a more engaging driving experience.
In addition to the turbo engine, the Exclaim includes specialized trim and sportier features, including: exclusive 18-inch wheels; red-accented body trim; chrome grille surround, unique Soul tailgate badge; and, for the first time on Soul, dual chrome twin-tip exhaust.
The 2017 Soul is available in three trim levels: Base with manual or automatic 6-speed transmission; Soul Plus with the 6-speed automatic; and the Exclaim turbo with the new 7-speed DCT. There are also two new exterior colors. Redesigned headlights and fog lights, along with front and rear fascias lend a more aggressive appearance while the availability of two dedicated USB charge ports and an 8-way power passenger seat add convenience and comfort. We think no matter which trim level appeals to you with a starting price of $16,100 you can go wrong with 2017 Kia Soul.
What's new with 2017 Kia Soul?
- New 16” Alloy Wheel Design
- Drive Mode Select
- Front Seat Rail Covers
- Audio 4.0A
- Audio 4.0B (Opt)
- Rear Camera (Opt)
- Auto Headlights (Opt)
- New 17” Alloy Wheel Design
- Body Color Bumper Tusks (front and rear)
- Auto A/C
- Audio 4.0B
- UVO3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (Opt)
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat (Opt)
- 2 USB Center Console Chargers (Opt)
- 1.6L Turbo GDI
- 7 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission
- Twin-Tipped Exhaust
- Larger Front Disc Brakes
- 18” Alloy Wheels
- Leather-Wrapped D-Shape Steering Wheel
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat
- Black Gloss Bumper Tusks (front and rear)
- Auto A/C
- Push Button Start with Smart Key
- Supervision Cluster with 4.3” Display
- 2 USB Center Console Chargers
- New HID Headlights/LED Fog Lights (Opt)
Plus and Exclaim
- Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Two New Colors—Mysterious Blue and Russet Brown